When it comes to packaging, color is an essential element to attract your potential customers. Before the logo, graphics, or text, it’s the first thing people will notice. In fact, color can even influence the sales of your products.
Studies confirm that color influences purchase decisions in nearly 9 out of 10 cases. But more importantly, the color associated with your brand significantly shapes how it is perceived. So, how can you make a good impression? How do you choose the colors that best match your brand for your packaging?
Color: An Essential Marketing Tool for Your Packaging
Color, a visual representation of your brand, is an integral part of your product packaging. Facebook, Twitter, and Decathlon use blue, while Lego, Coca-Cola, and Netflix have chosen red. This choice is far from arbitrary! As a crucial component of your brand strategy, a color helps better communicate and assert your identity.
The Psychology of Colors
Of course, perceptions and emotions toward a color are influenced by age, gender, personal experiences, cultural differences, and more. However, each color is associated with feelings that will influence consumers’ impressions of your brand.
- Red represents passion, strength, excitement, and aggression. It can also symbolize importance and authority.
- Green evokes stability, prosperity, and growth. It also signifies a connection to nature.
- Yellow is linked to happiness, motivation, and optimism. It’s a bright color that grabs attention.
- Orange is synonymous with cheerfulness, vitality, and warmth. It’s an invigorating and friendly color that expresses energy.
- Black inspires feelings of power, sophistication, innovation, luxury, and modernity.
- Blue reflects calm, serenity, security, and seriousness. It’s a mature and trustworthy color.
Choosing the Right Colors for Your Packaging
Now, it’s time to select the color that best represents your brand, philosophy, and product. How? You can start by identifying adjectives that represent you or best describe your target audience. This will guide you toward the color that aligns with the message you want to convey.
However, keep in mind: for clarity, limit yourself to 2 or 3 colors. Keeping it simple will make your approach more effective!
Personalize Your Bags and Packaging
Have you found the perfect color combination for your packaging? Further solidify your brand identity by customizing your packaging! At Creastyl, for example, we guide you from A to Z to turn your packaging into true ambassadors for your brand. No doubt, your customers will recognize you immediately!